- The Client (you) wishes to commission a Digital Illustration(s) by Artist (Celia van Niekerk) to create an unique artwork of the subject of the client’s choice. By placing an order, the Client acknowledges that she/he has reviewed other illustrative work by the Artist and is familiar with the Artist’s Digital Illustration style. Examples of the Artist’s work can be viewed at www.celiavanniekerk.com or on the applicable Social Media Accounts.
- Digital Illustrations are NOT a photo-realistic representation of the subject, but a fun, imperfect, whimsical, stylized, illustrative portrait in a storybook-character-style.
- The Artist does NOT guarantee a 100% accurate colour matching of eyes, hair clothing, skin tone, etc.
- The Artist will use her own discretion in designing the illustration in terms of posing, grouping the characters, etc.
- All DIGITAL ILLUSTRATIONS are digitally painted, by hand, in a watercolour style on my iPad. It is NOT computer/app-generated it is a one of a kind artwork.
- The Client receives a DIGITAL COPY ONLY. No physical product.
- The Client receives a 300dpi JPEG file and a PDF format file printable up to 40x60cm.
- The printed colour WILL vary from the digital representation on the screen. The colour rendition differs widely from computer screen to mobile device, to print. Chances are if you viewed that same PDF/JPEG on a different computer, then a different phone or tablet, you’d likely get different shades of colour. This is caused to your screen’s capability, the number of pixels, your perception of colour amongst other things AS WELL AS the colour space of your home printer or printing company that you use.
- The Artist make use of the RGB colour space. No refunds will be given for colour printing differently from displaying on your screen.
- No refunds are available for custom artwork. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that he or she orders the correct product style and size and provides the Artist with correct detail, sufficient good quality reference photographs for the Artist to use as reference. (I will ask if I am unsure, but please be specific when providing detail.)
Orders & Payment
- Full payment is required to confirm your order.
Time Frame for Digital Illustrations
- The lead time on your order is 3 weeks from receipt of your order and payment and the photos for the illustration to be completed.
- If you need the illustration sooner than 3 weeks, please contact the Artist BEFORE placing your order to discuss the possibility. This can however NOT be guaranteed.
Please note: if you need to be ‘squeezed in’ to receive your order earlier as I must put my entire commission list on hold to accommodate you. Therefore a RUSH-FEE will apply if you need to rush your order.
Time Frame for Printed Products
- Printed products featuring your illustration can be ordered.
- Lead time on printed products is an ADDITIONAL 2 to 3 weeks (So 5 to 6 weeks in total).
- Printed products CANNOT be rushed, standard lead times apply. No exceptions.
- The above-mentioned EXCLUDE time allocated for Courier Delivery of printed products – which can be an additional 2 to 5 working days depending on where you are based within SA. (International delivery times depend on various factors.)
- Once payment and photos have been received; the Artist will begin work on the artwork (provided a waiting list is not in effect).
- The Artist will complete the illustration to the best of her ability within her artistic style.
- Upon completion, the high-resolution files will be emailed to the Client.
- The artist, Celia van Niekerk, retains all copyright of the finished artwork. The finished artwork may be used by the client (you) for display and personal enjoyment only.
- The Client is not permitted to make any changes to the original artwork, e.g. drawing or painting on the artwork.
- Original artwork is licenced and not to be reproduced, reprinted, resold or used commercially by the Client. Digital artwork can be used for personal use only and not for reselling purposes. In other words, the Client is NOT allowed to use the artwork on his/her own products or merchandise for reselling.
- When posting artwork on Social Media, the Client is obligated to tag or mention the Artist.
- The artist retains the right to use the image for advertising artistic services, through printed adverts (e.g. flyers, portfolio books) and digital media or social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Website, etc.)
- The Client must provide GOOD QUALITY reference photographs showing accurate skin, hair and eye colour.
- Please send no more than 2 photographs per subject.
- The photographs should be uploaded to a service such as wetransfer.com or similar and the link for download should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By placing an order and making payment, it will automatically be assumed that the Client has read and agrees to this T&C.
VERSION DATED 10 April 2022.