Online Art Classes
UNFORTUNATELY ON HOLD DUE TO LOAD-SHEDDING AND CONNECTIVITY ISSUES IN SA.
ONE-ON-ONE ZOOM VIRTUAL CLASSES
Painting and drawing are skills that can be learned. Yes, having an art talent might be an advantage, but with some guidance and practice, anybody can learn how to draw or paint or develop their creativity.
I am available for One-on-One Online Art Classes via ZOOM (Group classes are available upon request). I can assist you in developing your art skills whether you are a complete beginner or a proficient artist. You do NOT need to have any prior Art experience or knowledge to book a class – complete novices are most welcome. You are welcome to book an art class for your child too! I teach children from 12 years and older.
You have one of two options:
If you are a complete beginner (or under the age of 18 years), I would suggest that you start with the basics of learning how to draw. From there on we will build on your skills and explore various mediums as you progress.
If you are a skilled artist, I can meet you at your skill level and we can work from there on forward in developing your skill and style.
WHICH ART MEDIUMS DO YOU TEACH?
Graphite pencil, charcoal, coloured pencil, watercolour pencils, oil pastels, soft pastel (including pastel pencils), watercolour paint as well as oil paint and Digital Art in Procreate or Photoshop. Photography classes are welcome too!
WHEN ARE YOU AVAILABLE?
I am available on:
Fridays, 8 am to 5 pm (the first class starts at 8 am and the last class ends at 5 pm)
Saturday’s, 8 am to 12 pm (the first class starts at 8 am and the last class ends at 12 pm)
South African Time.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
R350 per one-hour class OR R1200 a month for 4x one-hour classes. (Group classes are available upon request, class fees are to be quoted.)
HOW DO I BOOK?
ALL classes need to be booked at least 7 days in advance to give me enough time to prepare for your class. Monthly classes are booked in advance for a calendar month, one class a week for up to 4 weeks.
Fees are payable with booking to confirm your spot in my diary.
I work on a first-come-first-serve basis and can unfortunately not guarantee the availability of a specific time slot.
WHAT DO I NEED?
A computer, tablet or another device with internet access and the ZOOM app installed.
Your art supplies. (List of supplies and suppliers will be provided in advance.) Alternatively, you can use what you have at your disposal.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Kindly send an email with your preferred time slot. (I work on a first-come-first-serve basis and can unfortunately not guarantee the availability of a specific time slot.)
If you are a skilled artist, please email me some examples of your work together with an explanation of what you want to learn and achieve through the art classes. If you are a complete beginner, I would suggest that you start with the basics of learning how to draw – BUT if you are interested in learning a specific medium only, please advise in advance.
Once your time slot has been confirmed, I will forward you the banking details for payment to secure your spot. If I require more information about your skill level or what you want to learn and achieve, I will also forward you a questionnaire to complete.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- If the student needs to reschedule the class, 24 hours notice is required or you will forfeit the class.
- A class can only be rescheduled once and the class must be rescheduled and used within 30 days or the student will forfeit the class.
- In case the artist (Celia) needs to reschedule for unforeseen reasons or unforeseen technical difficulties, fair notice will be given to the student and the class will be rescheduled to the earliest time slot that suits both the student and artist.
- Classes are strictly limited to 1-hour, starting at the time of your booked time slot. If a longer class is required it needs to be discussed with the artist before booking. The student will be quoted accordingly.
- If a student is late for the ZOOM class, the class will be shortened to fit into the timeslot booked.
- LIMITED Whatsapp feedback between classes is available for monthly students via WhatsApp messages and voice notes only, with no calls (to avoid Zoom Class interruptions).
- ALL Classes must be booked at least 7 days in advance.
- Payment is required with booking to confirm your spot. Slots cannot be reserved without payment.
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or concerns or would like to take the leap in signing up!